The Department of English, Nalbari College was born almost with the College on 4th July, 1945, full two years before India became an independent country. In the initial years this Department was led by the founder Principal T. N. Gosawami who was joined by Gopikesh Chakravarty, Ashok Mukharjee, Kamaleswar Sarma and others. In course of time Degree (B. A.) classes were added to the classes so also the Science section respectively in the year 1949 and 1958. The Department’s range and scope increased according. It got further expanded in 1968 when Honours in English was introduced. The Department’s growth continued with more and more students opting for Honours (Major) in 1966, and more and more space provided for its functioning. The growth and expansion reached as coveted a high in 2018 when Post-Graduate section was opened, with an appropriate inauguration on 10/08/2018. The department has been blessed with many outstanding teachers some of whom like T. N. Goswami, Kuber Nath Ray and Nirupama Tamuli, have attained nominal fame as writers and critics. It has been the privilege and good fortune of the Department to have called the students as its alumni many of whom have established themselves in different walks of life. It has been the pleasure of the alumni and faculty members to be fully involved in different corporative spheres of this august institution.
Powered by : S.S.Technologies