With seven decades of illustrious academic heritage,with 72 years of glorious history of imparting quality education.
As a college which is approaching 73 years of its glorious existence,Nalbari College is guided by the motto adorning its emblem Vidyayaa Vindate Amritam i.e. scholarship offers eternality.
To provide outstanding education and training to our learners to achieve their goals.To reach out to the unreached.To forget institutional,departmental and individual linkage with society.To turn the college into a nodal facilitating centre for inclusive and sustainable development of the region.
To import quality education to the learners.To create better academic environment in order to produce competent and industrious human resource.To provide student centered academic and personal enrichment opportunities to enhance lifelong learning.
Nalbari College is one of the premier college of Assam. Established way back in pre-independent era (in 4th July,1945), this college has taken a pioneering role in shaping and promoting higher education in the entire lower Brahmaputra valley.
The experience collected from its long standing existence is the main inventory of strength of the college. The tradition of experienced teaching -learning is being successfully translated into positive outcome.
In January,2004, the Peer Team of National Assessment and Accreditation Council(NAAC),Bangalore consisted of renowned educationists of the country visited the college.On the basis of the assessment made by the this learned group of scholars,NAAC accorded B+ grade to Nalbari College.
The rising sun at the centre symbolizes awakening and enlightenment.The ever expanding circles stand for the ever widening bounds of knowledge that remain to be explored.
Nalbari College is one of the premier colleges of Assam. Established way back in pre-independent era (in 4th July, 1945), this college has taken a pioneering role in shaping and promoting higher education in the entire lower Brahmaputra valley. In the beginning, the college was affiliated to the Calcutta University, but in 1948, when Gauhati University was established, it came under the academic jurisdiction of the latter. The college received the UGC recognition under Section 2(f) in 1962. Beginning with a modest number of only 28 students, today it has a sizable strength of about 4420 students (including Higher Secondary programme). Spreading over 16 acres of land, the college has a built up area of approximately 8 acres.