The Central Library of Nalbari College is named after TRAILOKYA NATH GOSWAMI the founder Principal of the college in recognition of his erudition and distinguished sevices to the College.The TNG Library is a registered member of N-LIST programme of INFLIBNET.Recently a Digital Library Section has beeen started; it will also serve as an E-resource center.Wi-Fi connection in the college campus has been started too.The total area of the Library is 515 sq mtr.(5544 sq. ft) with a total Seating Capacity of 139. Collection: The Library of this college has a very rich collection in various subjects and tries to provide the users with the best sort of qualitative and quantitative documents that can be done with the acailable financial sources and supports.
|Text Books & Reference||As per Accession Register|
e-Books,e-Journals and Digital Database are accessed from INFLIBNET N-LIST databases.
Besides this,all departments have Department Libraries providing immense help to students in their academic pursuits.
i) Reading Room
ii) Computerized Circulation
iv) N LIST
v) Open Access Journal
vi) Reprographic Service
vii) Departmental Library service
viii) Suggestion Box
ix) User Orientation
x) Information Display/News/Notice Bpard
xi) Internet Access
xii) Reference Service
i) HS/PG/TDC : 2 books for 15 days
ii) Faculty Members : 20 books for 90 days
|On working days||10.00 A.M||5.00 P.M|
1. Before entering the library,books (not belonging to the Library),all sorts of bags,umberllas,packets etc are to be deposited in the property counter.
2. A member will have to show the membership card/identity card/gate pass at the entrance whenever he/she wants to enter the library.
3. Before entering the library of the Gate Register is to be signed legibly.
4. Books treated as Reference and Rare are not issued on loan.Journals and periodicals will not be issued.
5. Books on loan with members can be recalled by the Librarian at any time.
6. Borrowers must satisfy themselves about the physical condition of the book before borrowing, otherwise they will bw held responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of returning.
7.An overdue charge of Re 1 for a book per day shall be leved on a member,if a book is kept beyondthe period of loan.The period of loan can be extended by the Librarian,on individual cases. The over due fine may be reduces or waived by the Librairian on very special cases only.
8. If a borrower fails to return a book borrowed by him/her or if the books is found to be damaged or mutilated he/she will be required to either (a) replace the book with a new copy or (b) pay ten times on the publishers price of the book.
9. While borrowing book(s), a student member must produce his/her Identity Card at the issue Counter.
10. The membership card is not transferable.
11. Overwriting on the Memberships card is not permissible.
12. In on case the expiry date of student Membership Card shall be extended.
13. If the membership card gets lost or multilated because of use or otherwise,it should be repored to the librarian immediately. A duplicate membership card will only be issued on prayer with fine. The member, however, will continue to be responsible for nay loss which the Library may suffer through the loss or misuse of the card.
14. Students are to return books within two week time immediately after their final ecamination is over,failing which they will be declared library defaulter.
15. Students of science classes are to return books within three days after their practical examination are over,failing which they will be decalred library defaulter.
16. Teachers, officers and employees of the college shall have to take Library Clearance Certificate before they take release from this college to join other institution or get retired from this college.
17. Departmental libraries are to borrow books against the Pass-Book issued against each of the department. At the time of change of Headship of the department, the outgoing Head will hand-over the Departmental Library Pass Book with detials of books to the next Head of the Department.
Powered by : S.S.Technologies